|6mg × 10 tablet||A$ 39.40Per pill A$ 3.94||A$ 3.94||Add to cart|
|6mg × 20 tablet||A$ 65.71Per pill A$ 3.29||A$ 3.29||A$ 13.09||Add to cart|
|6mg × 30 tablet||A$ 78.86Per pill A$ 2.63||A$ 2.63||A$ 39.33||Add to cart|
|6mg × 60 tablet||A$ 98.60Per pill A$ 1.64||A$ 1.64||A$ 137.80||Add to cart|
|6mg × 90 tablet||A$ 118.33Per pill A$ 1.31||A$ 1.31||A$ 236.26||Add to cart|
|6mg × 120 tablet||A$ 131.48Per pill A$ 1.10||A$ 1.10||A$ 341.31||Add to cart|
|6mg × 180 tablet||A$ 170.95Per pill A$ 0.95||A$ 0.95||A$ 538.24||Add to cart|
|24mg × 12 tablet||A$ 92.02Per pill A$ 7.67||A$ 7.67||Add to cart|
|24mg × 24 tablet||A$ 170.95Per pill A$ 7.12||A$ 7.12||A$ 13.09||Add to cart|
|24mg × 36 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 249.88Per pill A$ 6.94||A$ 6.94||A$ 26.18||Add to cart|
|24mg × 60 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 394.58Per pill A$ 6.58||A$ 6.58||A$ 65.51||Add to cart|
|24mg × 90 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 572.18Per pill A$ 6.36||A$ 6.36||A$ 117.97||Add to cart|
|24mg × 120 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 723.46Per pill A$ 6.03||A$ 6.03||A$ 196.73||Add to cart|
|30mg × 12 tablet||A$ 118.33Per pill A$ 9.86||A$ 9.86||Add to cart|
|30mg × 24 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 210.41Per pill A$ 8.77||A$ 8.77||A$ 26.24||Add to cart|
|30mg × 36 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 302.50Per pill A$ 8.40||A$ 8.40||A$ 52.49||Add to cart|
|30mg × 60 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 473.51Per pill A$ 7.89||A$ 7.89||A$ 118.13||Add to cart|
|30mg × 90 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 657.68Per pill A$ 7.31||A$ 7.31||A$ 229.78||Add to cart|
What is this medicine?
Deflazacort a corticosteroid indicated for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) in patients 5 years of age and older.
What should I tell my health care providers before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to deflazacort;
- Alterations in Endocrine Function: Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis suppression, Cushing’s syndrome, and hyperglycemia;
- Immunosuppression and Increased Risk of Infection: Increased risk of new, exacerbation, dissemination, or reactivation of latent infections, which can be severe and at times fatal;
- Alterations in Cardiovascular/Renal Function: elevated blood pressure and sodium, and for decreased potassium level;
- Gastrointestinal Perforation: GI disorders;
- Behavioral and Mood Disturbances: euphoria, insomnia, mood swings, personality changes, severe depression, and psychosis;
- Effects on Bones: decreases in bone mineral density;
- Serious Skin Rashes;
- Ophthalmic Effects: May include cataracts, infections, and glaucoma;
- Vaccination: Do not administer live or live attenuated vaccines to patients receiving immunosuppressive doses of corticosteroids.
How should I use this medicine?
The recommended once-daily dosage is approximately 0.9 mg/kg/day administered orally. Discontinue gradually when administered for more than a few day..
What may interact with this medicine?
- Moderate or strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: Give one third of the recommended dosage;
- Avoid use of moderate or strong CYP3A4 inducers, as they may reduce efficacy.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
The most common adverse reactions are Cushingoid appearance, weight increased, increased appetite, upper respiratory tract infection, cough, pollakiuria, hirsutism, central obesity, and nasopharyngitis.